WELCOME !


WELCOME! CrossCurrents aims to provoke thought and enrich faith by interpreting current events in the light of Catholic tradition. I hope you find these columns both entertaining and clarifying. Your feedback and comments are welcome! See more about me and my work at http://home.comcast.net/~bfmswain/onlinestorage/index.html or contact me directly at bfswain@juno.com NOTE: TO READ OR WRITE COMMENTS, CLICK ON THE TITLE OF A POST.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

# 399 A Special Message To My Readers

One year ago this month I made two changes to CrossCurrents.


First, I decided to stop emailing complete articles to subscribers, and to replace my online excerpts with a full-service blog that publishes my CrossCurrents pieces in their entirety.  This has allowed me, among other things, to use photos and graphics.


Second, I dropped subscription fees for organizations (mostly parishes) as well as individuals.  Now anyone can view CrossCurrents free and anyone can enter their email address to receive free notices for each new article.


After one year, I believe that CrossCurrents is better than ever, and its readership continues to grow.  Beginning last August, every subsequent month has had more readers than any month before August (when the online CrossCurrents was still only excerpts).  And since April, with my articles on the marathon bombings, readership has jumped again.


Now I have a special request.  CrossCurrents takes up about one day of my time each week, and I need some income to justify that time.  Without subscription fees, I now depend entirely on donations from my readers—which means you!


So you may consider this my FIRST ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!


You’ll find a donation button on the right, which allows online payments through Paypal.  Or, if you prefer to donate by check, just e-mail me at bfswain@juno.com and I will supply a mailing to address for your check.


I hope you continue to benefit from my writing on current issues in light of faith, and I am very grateful for your support.  That support will enable me to continue CrossCurrents into the coming seasons.


Thank you, and all good blessings!


Bernie swain

No comments:

Post a Comment